Reasons to use Guarded Footswitches
Guarded footswitches are part of our product range here at Herga. They are very useful across many industries for not only preventing unwanted operation but also to provide some user protection.
Why use a Guarded Footswitch
There are two main reasons to use a Guarded footswitch; to provide some protection to the user, and to prevent unwanted switch operation.
Protect the user– in environments where there is risk of equipment or debris falling onto the foot switch, the guard though not a protective safety device will offer the user some comfort knowing it will help prevent injury if used correctly to the specifications. Our footswitch guards are tested to withstand applicable weights during use and are tested in our engineering laboratory during the development and validation processes. Herga guards are designed to fit many of the product range as well as accommodating many sizes of safety shoe.
Protect the switch– a footswitch guard can also prevent the switch from accidental actuation in a busy environment. The guard forms a barrier to stop anyone or anything accidently pressing the footswitch.
Our Guarded Footswitch Range
We have a range of guarded footswitches available, take a look at the list below – click the links for more information about each product.
· 6201 and 6202 footswitch Guards - these are compatible with a range of our footswitches for operator protection. The 6202 has a handle cut out and is available as single or double size to accommodate a multi-pedal switch.
· 6203-0001 latching safety guard – this footswitch guard has been designed to protect the footswitch against unintentional actuation. It can be clipped down when the switch is not in use.
· 6251, 6252, 6253 and 6255 footswitches these footswitches have an optional built in metal guard. They are heavy duty footswitches and have a stylish ergonomic design and long life expectancy. The guards primary function is to provide some protection to the operators foot so there is plenty of room for safety shoes to be worn during operation.
· 625x is a heavy duty footswitch aimed at the medical industry, it has a metal guard option which meets IEC 60601-1 standards.
· 6256 is our new heavy duty footswitch. It is technically more advanced than traditional heavy duty footswitches with latest polymer engineered designs providing a fully plastic construction. This makes it lighter in weight, efficient to produce in our injection mould shop and therefore a lower cost for the customer. The product range also provides a number of modular design applications to suit all customer requirements, such as, multi pedal connected systems, potentiometric operation, emergency stops, handles and even Bluetooth.
· Modular base system – this is a series of electrical footswitches and puck switches which can be customised to the user’s requirements. As it has been designed as a modular base, you can have any number of footswitch and puck combinations for each unit, including standard mechanical operation, digital controls, illuminated switching and even Bluetooth. Our modular base system has an optional footswitch guard which can accommodate the switches whilst they are in this format.
If you have any questions about footswitch guards or want more information on the range of products that we offer please contact us +44(0)1284 701422 or email@example.com
For more information please contact: Herga Technology Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)1284 701422
Article date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:17:27 +0100 GMT