What is a footswitch?
A footswitch is a switch which is operated with the user’s foot. Footswitches are also known as foot pedals. They are part of our vast range of switches here at Herga Technology.
Footswitches have many uses and come in different shapes and styles to suit these applications.
Benefits of using a footswitch
Space saving – footswitches are kept on the floor, in some applications – such as production lines or call centres desk space can be tight so using a footswitch instead of a hand control means that there is more space at the work station for the user.
Ability to multitask – using the feet to operate switches means that the user still has two hands free. This is useful for applications such as tattoo parlours where the tattooist needs both hands to be able to complete the work effectively. Using a footswitch gives the user complete use of both hands and therefore the ability to multitask. Image capture is also a very common application especially with USB footswitches.
Applications and industries for footswitches
Our footswitch have been used throughout many industries;
- · Medical
- · Industrial
- · Health and beauty
- · Automation
- · Agriculture
- · Some of the applications we have solved using our footswitches in the past include;
- · Press iron machines
- · Wood terminator equipment
- · Optical instruments
- · Medical beds
- · Call centres
- · Hair removal equipment
- · Laser machines
Footswitches from Herga technology
Our range of footswitches is available to view on our website. Many of our footswitches have a stock model available for fast delivery. We also offer custom options on many of our designs.
- Foot air valve switches – stylish and robust with a guard option
- Bluetooth Footswitches – Footswitches working on a smart closed Bluetooth network
- Foot potentiometers – including our new 625x heavy duty footswitch
- General purpose footswitches – for more general applications, this range includes our light duty footswitches
- Heavy duty footswitches – many of these have a guard option for added user safety
- Puck switches – one of our newer ranges, now with an audible “click” when pressed
- Multi pedal footswitches – multiple foot switches on the same device for applications requiring multiple functions.
- Footswitch bellows – suitable for harsh environments and medical applications.
- Light industrial footswitches – able to withstand rough environments for light industry use.
- Medical grade footswitches – many of our footswitches have medical approvals for use in this industry.
- USB footswitches – compatible with windows and mac, these footswitches can emulate mouse or keyboard functions.
For more information please contact: Herga Technology Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)1284 701422
Article date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:05:49 +0100 GMT