Safety Foot Pedal
Safety pedals are an important piece of equipment in industrial and manufacturing environments. They offer added safety and user protection in a potentially dangerous environment.
Our 6256 heavy-duty footswitch has added features enabling it to be a safety foot pedal. The 6256 has an optional guard for added user protection and has an emergency stop function which will cut the power to the machine when compressed. This lowers the risk of injury should there be any incidents.
Features of Safety Foot Pedals
To ensure our foot pedals can withstand the harsh conditions of the environments they will be exposed to, they have the following features;
- Guard options for added user safety and to protect the switch against accidental actuation
- Sturdy, durable material construction
- Guaranteed long life
- Modular design for infinite multiplication
- IP67 protection rated
- Adaptable range of accessories
- Emergency stop function - these can be added to the top of the switch or to a pole handle. The emergency stop is designed to instantly cut the power to the machine during an emergency. This can be a requirement within some applications where an emergency stop on the machine itself is not sufficient enough.
Applications and Environments Requiring a Safety Foot Pedal
Many industrial applications may use a safety foot pedal. Any application which takes place in an operator-controlled production environment may consider a safety foot pedal to add protection for the employees.
Some of the applications which our 6256 is suitable for include;
- Sheet metal cutting machines
- Metal folding machines
- Welding machines
- Pipe bending machines
- Industrial guillotines
- Press break machines
- Stapling machines
Safety Foot Pedals from Herga
Our 6256 safety foot pedals are constructed of a high-grade thermoplastic, injection moulded ABS suitable for high impact and self-extinguishing. They received minimal damage during our drop test (20kg at 1m) see the video below.
We also have a wide range of heavy-duty foot pedals which don’t contain an emergency stop function but possess many similar qualities to the 6256 including guard options and long life.
For more information on our 6256, our heavy-duty foot pedals or any of the products in our range, please contact us.
For more information please contact: Herga Technology Email: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)1284 701422
Article date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 15:17:36 +0000 GMT