A Push Button switch is a type of switch which consists of a simple electric mechanism or air switch mechanism to turn something on or off.
Depending on model they could operate with momentary or latching action function.
The button itself is usually constructed of a strong durable material such as metal or plastic. Push Button Switches come in a range of shapes and sizes. We have a selection of push button switches here at Herga.
Push button switches are used throughout industrial and medical applications and are also recognisable in everyday life.
For uses within the Industrial sector, push buttons are often part of a bigger system and are connected through a mechanical linkage. This means that when a button is pressed it can cause another button to release.
Examples of Push Button Switches
Push button switches are present in so many areas across different industries and for different uses here are some examples;
· Calculator buttons – a hand held calculator has lots of small push button switches
· Reset switches – these are usually small and require a tool to press to avoid accidental operation
· Stopping machinery – often around industrial machinery there will be an emergency stop button, sometimes these are located on the wall
· Arcade gaming – these are usually brightly coloured to encourage people to play
Push Button Switches from Herga Technology
We have two different push button switching technologies, Pneumatic push button switches and electrical push button switches.
Pneumatic Push button switches
Our two push button switches are the 6438 mini push button switch and the 6442 large push button switch. Both of our push button switches are available in a variety of colours and spout sizes.
Our 6438 mini push button switch is compact in size and low profile with a stock model available for quick delivery.
The 6442 is a larger push button switch and also has a stock model available.
Electrical Push Button switches
Our electrical push button switches are our 6241 and 6240 footswitch bellows.
The 6241 is a medically approved button available in various colours and cable lengths. This can be actuated via the hand or foot.
The 6240 footswitch bellows are a push button switch which is compressed by the users foot – this can be useful in applications to avoid contamination or to save space. A choice of colours are available for the 6240 footswitch bellows.
Applications for our Push Button Switches
Our Push Button Switches have been used for:
· Spa and Jacuzzi controls – our Pneumatic buttons are an excellent choice for Spa and Jacuzzi controls and have been used in the past for this application. They are used to turn the bubbles on and off.
· Toilet flushes – another use for our push button switches, you may have come across our push buttons in public toilets.
· Shower systems- For gyms, sports club or schools, our push button switches have been incorporated into the shower system to turn the water on and off.
· Light switches – Our push button switches have also been used for light switches.
If you require a Push Button Switch or are after more information please contact us: +44(0)1284 701422 or email@example.com
For more information please contact: Herga Technology Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)1284 701422
Article date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:00:40 +0000 GMT